Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: Why not an X-Pro 1s/ X-E1s
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 7, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Mr Gadget wrote:

Prehaps they moved the intro of the 2nd generation chips up due to sales of the XPro and XE models not meeting their original sales goals? There have been a number of posters here and on other forums complaining about poor focus & "quirks" on the entire X line up coupled with the OMD5 winning camera of the year hasnt gone un noticed?

I cant see how this helps either the X Pro 1 or X-E1. The X100s is too different a camera to divert sales from the system cameras.

It's far too early to know the sales impact of the X-E1. My contact with FUJIFILM here in China says that X-E1 sales have been very good, to the point that X Pro 1 sales have fallen substantially.

It seems pretty obvious that the on-sensor PDAF and peaking, and the new EXR II processor, will appear in the next X-Pro and X-E1. If these work well in the X-100S, I expect many people who were thinking of buying the X-Pro or X-E1 will now hold off until a model with these new features appears.

This may mean Fuji has to drop the price of the current X-Pro and X-E1 cameras.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow