Canon 7D - same white-tailed deer I shot yesterday with my FZ200 - please note smearing in the fur.

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
J C Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,388
Like?
Re: Filling the frame - For eagle2a
In reply to eagle2a, Jan 7, 2013

eagle2a wrote:

Jimmy said: "I am in full agreement with all of your above comments and puzzled as to why you should think otherwise. As you will see from my first post on this thread I agreed with yuki's comment about the quality of the FZ200 image and the skill of the photographer. Also with almost 60 years experience of photography I know the importance of filling the frame wherever possible."

Sorry Jimmy. My post was not directed at anything you said, but rather a general observation. The new forum convention regarding posting still cause me to stubble from time to time.

As a photographer who has spent more time and money than I want to admit, I still have problems filling the frame as much as I should.

Don

PS: You and John Miles should have a lot in common, I would think.:-)

Thanks for the apology Don. I had assumed that, as suggested the automatic header in the new DPR format, your comments were addressed directly to me.

As I regard composition as one of the most important factors in an obtaining an attractive image and most of my photography was done with colour slides I am also well aware of the importance of precise framing. That is why I am so fond of my FZ50's manual zoom ring.

When I started to use a digital camera 12 years ago I found myself very frustrated by the Pinocchio lens and toggle zoom levers of my 3MP Olympus Camedia and my 5MP Panasonic FZ20 which I bought in October 2004.

When it had become clear that Panasonic were unlikely to produce an updated version of the FZ50 I took advantage of a special offer and bought mine for £199.99 in April 2008. Apart from its obvious limitations in low light and at high ISO, I like John Miles am very happy with my FZ50 and its outstanding ergonomic design.

Though I am generally happy with the image quality of the TZ30 which I bought as a camera I could carry in a pocket I frequently find myself frustrated by the difficulty of obtaining sufficiently accurate framing with the tiny toggle zoom lever.

Jimmy

-- hide signature --

J C Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow