Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Why not an X-Pro 1s/ X-E1s
In reply to Andrea Crema, Jan 7, 2013

Andrea Crema wrote:

TClair wrote:

You don't sell hardware by having software updates expect a new and improved X1 Pro and XE-1 later in the year. That at least seems to be industry's direction.

Your probably right. I must admit I'm surprised considering I've just bought an XE-1 and its sensor is already superceeded by a newer version in a space of few months.

Yes it is amazing that the sensor in the just newly released X-E1 is now last generation.  Quite unusual and if Fujifilm sticks to their current practice, the X-E1 has 2 years to go for an update.  This really reeks of muffed decision somewhere in the pipeline.  Why could the X-E1 not been held up a few months to get the latest technology?  What possible reason?  No matter how you slice it, the X-E1's sensor is now the old design.  The technology just released a few months ago is obsolete and what's more, the X-E1 since it can accept different manual focus lenses, would benefit dramatically from the new focusing aids that FUJIFILM has developed.

A real questionable strategy, even for FUJIFILM.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow