ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klaus
Regular MemberPosts: 266
Like?
I need help, 1DM3 vs 7D
Jan 7, 2013

Hi all

Sorry about my bad english, hope you understand me anyway.

I know this maybe have been up here before, but I couldn't find an answer that convinced me or made me make a decision:-(

I have a Canon EOS 1D Mark III which I had from new, so the Camera is now nearly 6 years old for a Digital camera.

I have always been happy with the IQ. Im using a Canon 24-70mm 2.8 and the 100-400mm IS

Now Im in need of printing some large printsĀ  around 80x50cm and was thinking that the 7D would do a better job because of more pixels.

Then One of my friends just bought a 7D and I was chocked when I saw the first photo, taken at ISO100, a lot of noise or grain, not sure which word is correct.
It looks like something I had taken at ISO 1600-3200 on my 1DM3.

When I look up the noise problems on 7D I get a mixed variation on answers. From "Yes I have exactly the same problem"  to "No I have never seen that" so therefore I'm a little confused here.

The maybe worst thing is, that my friend brought that camera because of my recommendations.

When I first researched it on the net (including in here) I only found very good critique. I should be a fantastic camera, yeah it look like it also was time for me to "upgrade" or am I going to "downgrade" ?

As Im sure many of you know the 1DM3 had massive AF problems (including mine) when it first came out, and Canon denied there was a problem for a long time. So Im wondering, is that the same there are going on here with the 7D?  I mean that a lot of the production are faulty, yeah maybe nearly random quality with the 7D, since so many people have no problems and many people have the same problem????

And yes my friend just got the 7D as new and with the newest Firmware 2.0 and by the way she is using exact the same lenses as me.

So I would be very happy for any help and opinions, specially because I was kind of convinced that it would be a great camera for me also, so I have already put my 1DM3 for sale on a website we have here in New Zealand called "TradeMe" its the same as Ebay. The auction is running until sun 13.january so I can still take it off the auction. So I really need to know what to do here.
The price I (hopefully) can get for my 1DM3 can cover a 7D with a Battery pack, a 16Gb card.

So pleas help, and thanks in advance

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow