Photo all-in one printer

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
drj3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo all-in one printer
In reply to Pingme, Jan 7, 2013

I had an HP like the one you have.  Wireless was always a problem.  Tried it with my 2 wire, D-link and Netgear routers, and it did not work well with any of them.   It lasted for about 6 months and then the cartridges locked and would not move.  Since I had lost all the sales receipts, I decided to take it apart.  A small plastic part had broken and I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did.  Obviously not intended for heavy use.  I replaced it with an Epson workfoce 845.  It is much better for wireless printing and appears to be somwhat better built.  However, the photo print quality is much worse.  That did not concern me, since I use an Epxon Stylus photo printer for all my photographic prints, an HP laser for text, and only use the 845 for general color printing and as a simple scanner/copier .   The olny other realistic choice is one of the Canons.  They are supposed to be as good as the HP's for photo printing.  I don't know about their reliability or wireless performance.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow