Info: New image viewing options for forums.

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: Info: New image viewing options for forums.
In reply to acahaya, Jan 7, 2013

acahaya wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

acahaya wrote:

It is very nice when used on a windows pc with Firefox or IE. It doesn't work perfectly using Safari on a Mac. and it is completely horrible when voewing images on my iPad, all i see are compression artifacts and using the loupe i can see compression artifacts in 100%. Hurts my eyes.

dpr fixed a lot of bugs in the new forum sw for mobile devices and i hope they will fix this too but right now i avoid to look at images in posts.

Sabine

I did some more tests today. As long as i am within WLAN range, images look OK, same as on pc. As soon as i move to 3G/LTE range, images seem to be displayed with lower resolution and stronger compression.

I used to have a similar problem with images not being displayed at all due to a setting on my profile with my provider (German Telekom) but that issue is fixed. But my guess is that this is related to either wrong scaling for high resolution mobile displays or new provider options i am not yet aware of or a combination of both.

I'll post if i manage to fix this with different settings, either on the mobile device or provider related.

-- hide signature --

Yes give some news about it.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God always take the simplest way.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow