got a 2nd in a challenge!!!!

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
pocoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 474Gear list
Like?
Re: got a 2nd in a challenge!!!!
In reply to Deleted pending purge, Jan 6, 2013

Also in reply to slynky,

I am not saying you are wrong in taking your stand. I respect it if I get DQ'ed if I did not follow a rule (I sometimes overlook a rule). I even respect it if I get DQ'ed if the host has a different interpretation of a rule, it is the hosts challenge, it is the hosts privilege.

I am just saying, life isn't just black and white. If someone forgot to enter a description but submitted a great image, I appreciate it if the host values the image over the fact that the entrant forgot to enter a description. In my opinion the challenges are all about the images, not about rules that have little or nothing to do with the image, that is why a prefer the more lenient approach... but like I said it's the hosts prerogative if he/she thinks a strict ruling should be enforced.

I do agree that for sake of fairness the ruling of the host should be consistent, not in the least for rules that really are all about the image.

pocoloco's gear list:pocoloco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow