Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Rechargeable Energizer AA 2300mAh batteries might have been discontiued
Jan 6, 2013

I buy rechargeable Energizer AA batteries exclusively. Several days ago I decide to purchase another charger and 4 pack combo, I wanted to have a second 4 place charger and another 4 AA's too. To my surprise the  new charger and batteries were not what I wanted. The rechargeable batteries mAh label was for 1500 not 2300mAh. Well then I decided to buy just  a pack of 4, nope only 4 packs were 1400mAh and the 1500mAh combo. They did have 8 packs but decided to visit a different store.  Well at the other store they only had  4 packs of 2300mAh and same 1500mAh/charger combos. So i bought 4, then did a sweep of the other displays around the large store. Looks like the older charger model and 2300mAh combos are no longer available.

What intrigued me was that the price of 2300mAh and "new" yes the 1400mAh had a "new" label was less then a 1 dollar. BTW the 2300mAh are made in Japan, did not check the other 1400/1500mAh 4 packs since  I was not going to buy those. I have feeling the 2300mAh are going bye bye, or have and whats left is whats left. I grabed another 4 pack of the 2300mAh. If you need or see a need buy them now.

I only buy the Energizer 2300mAh because of a battery test I read that showed it was a close second  and the capacity was close to value stamped on battery.  I trust the report I read and I trust that the manufacturer builds a consistent  value product. I'm in the electronics field, higher mAh the greater the capacity.  Felt many out there would appreciate my post. I do not work for Energizer or any other firm. I live in central Florida, not sure this is just a local thing after the holidays, but something tells me this is just the new "decontent" (pay the same,get less) business model at work.

-- hide signature --

FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow