captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,040Gear list
Like?
Re: nex 5n vs. Nex 5R (6)
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Jan 6, 2013

ijustloveshooting wrote:

captura wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

I have both 5N and 5R with 18-55mm kit lens...kit lens on 5R is v02, compatible with PDAF...

for at wide angle (18mm) 5N remarkable focuses faster, at the long end, 5R is faster but not that much i saw at 18mm...very interesting...at wide angle, it really slows down comparing to 5N...

That is interesting. I have two questions:

- did you enable the distortion correction in the menu of the 5R? The default setting is OFF.

- did you upload firmware V. 2.0 for the 18-55 while the lens is mounted on the 5R?

hello

for distortion correction, it was at default setting, off...for 18-55mm, it already came with v02 firmware, therefore no needed to update it....

Did you check the version in the menu and it actually says V.02 installed?

Was the box opened so someone else had a chance to install V02 on your camera, before you acquired it?  Because V.02 was NOT installed on my 5R and I had to find the update page, upload it to my 5R with the 18-55 mounted, then install it. Now it reads " update version V.02 for the lens.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow