Anyone manage to get a microphone and a flash on the OM-D at the same time?

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkeller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066
Like?
Re: Remote Flash?
In reply to Mal_In_Oz, Jan 6, 2013

Mal_In_Oz wrote:

Corkcampbell wrote:

I asked this a couple of months ago, but didn't get much response. I have the SEMA 1 mic attachment which can be used to add an external mic (which would have to be on an adapter off to the side, I guess), but that leaves out the ability for a flash, such as the 600R, right? Too bad.

Any workarounds?

I want to use the OM-D for video and stills at the same time. It's easy with a GH2, but I prefer the stills of the OM-D.

You should be able to use both by firing the flash remotely. I have both (FL50R + SEMA 1) so will test this tonight to be sure.

And what is going to trigger the remote flash?

-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow