Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ChrisJS
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, Jan 6, 2013

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I noticed tonight that the default process of SilkyPix seems to put a yellow tint on indoor shots. Anyone else notice that or know how to fix it?

-- hide signature --

Florida

Hi,

You have a lot going on with new monitor OS and calibrations etc..

Ensure you are conversant with the terms colour temperature & colour space...  The SP manual10.4.5.1. gives more info....

Fire up SilkyPix and via browser mode have a dual window and compare the RAW view with the TIFF view, side by side.  If there is no difference then it is not the TIFF output mechanics - perhaps you are using different colour spaces in the mix somewhere?

I have shot many images in a light box using tungsten lighting for convenience and developed via RAW - I set WB using a test shot of a neutral grey - in my case a whibal - with no issues.

For some flash shots, I tweak the temperature setting in some cases.  Artificial light of various outputs will effect images.

In RAW you simply adjust the colour temperature to suit or use a defined preset (there around 20 or so) or use a Grey card and the 'gray balance' tool - I know SilkyPix can't spell 'grey' either

Kind Regards
Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow