Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
jamesdak
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,827
Like?
Re: Q for JamesDAK and others
In reply to linzybel, Jan 6, 2013

linzybel wrote:

James,

I've just begun using Leica R lenses (pre-ROM: 35, 50, 90, 135) on my Canon 60D. I'd love to hear of your experiences - what adapter, focusing screen, software and workflow you've discovered work best. Believe me, I'm not obsessed with technical stuff, just wondering if I can learn something from someone who's ahead of me...

Well, let's see.  With the 5D I use a brighter focusing screen.  You can also utilize the live view option for critical focus.  My adapters are mainly fotodiox ones and seem to work fine.  I only have one that has a chip in it but that is a nice feature.  This makes focusing easier as you can still use the focus confirmation light in the viewfinder.

I almost always have to dial in some exposure compensation but truly not a problem at all.  One thing you will notice is how easy it is to spot the RAW shots taken with the Leica glass.  They have a vibrant look that will stand out even from shots taken with Canon L glass.

This shot was with an old 90/2.8 that is awesome for portrait work but probably my softest Leica R lense:

Leica 90/2.8

This was from a 135/2.8

135/2.8

This is from the odd 560/6.8:

560/6.8

The wonderful 180/3.4

180/3.4

Pretty much every lens used here is over 25 years old or older.

-- hide signature --

Long live the HMS Beagle Critiques always welcome!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow