Canon 7D - same white-tailed deer I shot yesterday with my FZ200 - please note smearing in the fur.

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
J C Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,387
Like?
Re: Canon 7D - same white-tailed deer I shot yesterday with my FZ200
In reply to ysal, Jan 6, 2013

ysal wrote:

Couple of things I noted, you were shooting in ISO 100 vs his 800. Also your subject was in full sun while his was in shade. I know that I loose lots of detail as soon as my subject goes into shade.

Having said all that, I think that the FZ200 (in the hands of a capable photog like you) is a real worthy competitor to many of the more (much more) expensive systems out there!!

-- hide signature --

yuki

I agree with yuki's comment about the quality of the FZ200 image and the skill of the photographer. However like yuki I feel that the comparison is not entirely fair.

If you compare the images at full size you will see that there is also a very significant difference between them in terms of scale. For example the width of the eyeball on the right of the central Canon 7D image is only about 70 pixels as compared to about 110 pixels for the width of the eyeball on left of the FZ200 image. Thus the scale of the FZ200 image is about 1.57 greater than that of the Canon 7D image.

Based on the number of pixels in the height of their sensors I would expect the resolution of the Canon 7D to be about 3456/3000 = 1.15 higher than that of the FZ200. However that factor of 1.15 in resolution is not IMHO enough to compensate for the factor of 1.57 in scale.

Jimmy

-- hide signature --

J C Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow