Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Folex
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Love the Nikon 5100.. but
Jan 6, 2013

I love the camera for what it is but I don't think I can live with a entry level DSLR, or for that matter DSLRs in general. I currently have a 1.8 prime lens and a 55-300 lens for the 5100 and I really hate having to constantly switch lens to take certain pictures. Even worse is having a cropped picture. When I got the camera a year ago I didn't know exactly what a cropped picture was, I just saw the 1.5x zoom and thought it was a good thing. I thought I would be taking tons of pictures to print out but I have not and due to this I doubt I need all the MP or sensor size. I find myself mostly uploading to websites that have a 1200x1200 picture size limit.

With this said I plan to sell my camera and buy a bridge camera. Hoping to find one with a wide angle, decent zoom, HDR, Panoramic, easy bokeh (2.8 or better). Decent high ISO if possible. I owned the fujifilm hs30 and at the time I had no idea what I was doing. I returned it because some of the pictures were not good. Not sure if the camera is bad or I didn't know what I was doing.  Ideally looking to spend no more then $600. Any ideas ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow