Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,685Gear list
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to SirLataxe, Jan 6, 2013

SirLataxe wrote:

Mr FNP,

The Silkypix V5 default for WB is "camera setting" so any yellow cast shown on the Silkypix default development preview, displayed when you first load in your RAW file, is due to the measurement of WB made by the camera, not due to Silkypix per se.

The reason that I noticed it is that I imported the SilkyPix default process .tif into Lightroom along with the .raw. I compared the two side by side with the Lightroom compare feature. The .raw did not have the yellow cast. It used the Adobe Standard camera calibration.

I then used my ColorChecker to create a Custom calibration in my living room with incandescent light. I applied that to the .raw and it added a yellow cast but not nearly as significantly as the SilkyPix version had.

One problem I have with my new work flow is that I can't apply my ColorChecker custom calibrations to the .tif file created by SilkyPix. I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow