Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Re: Is 75-300 no longer?
In reply to SHood, Jan 6, 2013

SHood wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

J2Gphoto wrote:

Both B&H and Adorama both no longer show the 75-300mm for sale. 4/3 rumors had an image showing B&H saying it was discontinued. Does this mean there is something new and better ( maybe weather sealed) on the horizon?

I think it is much a do about nothing : it isn't the first time that a lens or body is tagged as discontinued at B&H, but reappears again after a while. You can still find it on several EU online dealers like Amazon.de or Pixmania. Last but not least, it is still listed on Olympus websites.

There are two possibilities to consider :

a) the lens is out of stock and B&H has no information concerning the next delivery date.

b) the lens will effectively be discontinued.

Each time something is discontinued, someone posts that to 4/3 rumors and that creates an avalanche of messages, but untill now it was rarely definitively discontinued. So my vote is for a) rather than b).

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Someone ordered from Olympus on Black Friday and received an e-mail 2 weeks later that the order was cancelled. Looks like it is officially discontinued.

http://www.mu-43.com/f110/olympus-75-300mm-f-4-8-6-7-black-discontinued-37985/

"I ordered this on black Friday via the Thanksgiving sales on the Olympus website. It was not designated as out of stock or discontinued that night... But they emailed me as such yesterday to cancel the order."

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-75-300mm-Cameras-Micro-Four-Thirds/dp/B00492LRI4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357499268&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=olympus+75-300mm+f+4.8-6.7+m.zuiko+lens+for+micro+four+thirds+system

. . . I think what's happening is that the black ones have been all sold for several months now but the silver ones are still being shipped. I bought my black 75-300 from Willoughbys.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow