Life Library Of Photography

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
oeoek
Regular MemberPosts: 413Gear list
Like?
Re: Life Library Of Photography
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jan 6, 2013

I borrowed those books from the library over and over again back when they were printed (early seventies). Too bad I could not afford them and with sadness I saw them disappear from library shelves in the eighties. They left a lasting impression, and a few years ago I decide to start a little hunt on the web. With surprising ease I found and bought the whole series. And unlike many old memories, they did not disappoint in retrospect.

Unlike others, I still find them a good and useful read now. Sure, the darkroom is no longer my basic battleground, but their suggestions for using camera’s and lenses are as useful now as they were back then. And in a way it is an eye opener to see how little was needed back then for a pro-approach to doing things. In these gear overloaded times, it is quite refreshing to see a photo journalist doing most of his work with just 2 bodies and 2 lenses. And it reminds me of the affordable availability of lenses that were back then considered expensive ‘specials’ (7.5 Samyang anyone?). It made me realize how much we have now…

oeoek's gear list:oeoek's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow