Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkeller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066
Like?
Re: Hoyt Arboretum, Portland, Oregon
In reply to FrankParis, Jan 6, 2013

FrankParis wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

Thought you (might) be interested in knowing that the Adobe RGB 1998 color-space that your processed JPGs are rendered in causes very noticable and (to my eyes) very weird Red/Magenta hues when viewing (particularly these images displayed above in this post) on a sRGB calibrated monitor.

DM...

Let's see...the last two images actually have purple features. The colors of the burl are accurate, as are the colors of that arching branch reaching out into the room. The first two I only notice purple cast in the background, which doesn't interest me. In a forest, the light spectrum can vary radically just a few feet away.

Besides, everything on my system is calibrated for Adobe RGB 1998, including my wide gamut monitor. These images were posted for my own pleasure, not anybody else's.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

You are posting images on a public forum "for your own pleasure" only? Next time, don't bother. Your images do not look like you think they do.

-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow