Colors are dull on my dslr compared to P&S.....Can I adjust settings for all pics?

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Colors are dull on my dslr compared to P&S.....Can I adjust settings for all pics?
In reply to lkk324, Jan 6, 2013

lkk324 wrote:

Bare with me people!

I was reading the Rebel Talk Faq and was so very happy to see that I wasn't crazy and my P&S cameras coloring is indeed brighter and more vivid. I see that you can change the settings to make your colors pop more. I was looking at all of that and am unsure if you can adjust the settings to remain that way until you want to change them again? Kinda make them your factory settings so to speak or if you have to do this for every pic. I don't want to go back and be comparing coloring and all to my old camera!! I would at least like to think the pics are looking as good as my Kodak!

Lisa

Yes, Lisa, you can change your "Picture Style" settings in the camera and they will become the new "defaults".

Here is a great article on working with Picture Styles written by Phil Preston.  That should help you get the 'style' that you're looking for!

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow