husky sled ride

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
chiue
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,237Gear list
Like?
Re: husky sled ride....Jim and Ralph...
In reply to 124c41, Jan 6, 2013

124c41 wrote:

Yes, James that's a real nice touch to round off those lovely pics and I can imagine the guy was making for the cabin to enjoy a steaming bowl of beaver tail soup - or a caribou steak!. How did you achieve that effect, chiue? And can you give me some idea of the actual temperature?

Many, many years ago I used to love to read about the 'frozen north' in the long-defunct Wide World magazine which was story only so I had to imagine the scenery. Could well have been where you were, chiue!

Thanks for the enjoyment :-D.

Thanks Jim and Ralph for looking and comments.

We were not so lucky to have a streaming bowl of beaver tail soup after our ride on the sled. However, we did enjoy a big cup of hot chocolate.

This was a resort about 45 min drive north of Montreal, Quebec.

The temp was around -10c  (14 fahrenheit) cool enough to frozen the lake for the sled ride.

The post card effect was a frame in that I used in Photoscape (a free pp software). The frame is call - Cali 10 or 11 or 13 forgot which one I used. I personally like Photoscape a lot, it provide quite a bit of functions and most important very easy to use.

I even use Photoscape for my Negative conversion Project. (To convert my negative film to digital).

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow