You wanted to see a quick Olympus E-5 vs Nikon D800 comparison? Here it is.

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
light_bulb
Contributing MemberPosts: 507
Like?
Re: You wanted to see a quick Olympus E-5 vs Nikon D800 comparison? Here it is.
In reply to msusic, Jan 6, 2013

msusic wrote:

Are you talking from your experience or not? Longitudinal CA is quite terrible in fact.

Lenstip:

The longitudinal chromatic aberration was more often than not a serious problem in the Nikon “primes”, presented lately. Especially the 1.4/85G model broke disreputable records – its aberration level was huge and it didn’t disappear even after stopping down by 2 EV. The Nikkor AF-S 85 mm f/1.8G is doing better in this category but it doesn’t mean the situation is good. At the maximum relative aperture the longitudinal chromatic aberration is high and it remains rather pronounced even after stopping down by 1 EV. Only when you stop down by 2 EV you see that aberration reduced to a moderate level.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Marin

You can force CA by a test environment. I would do so too for testing but this does not mean that it is very important in practice.

If I shoot architectural detail or landsacpe I will stop down anyway. If I am out for portraiture wide open will that happen in harsh light?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow