Canon's Digital Photo Pro v. 3.11 Explained

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon's Digital Photo Pro v. 3.11 Explained
In reply to anand53, Jan 6, 2013

anand53 wrote:

Good luck, and let me know if you have any problems!

-- hide signature --

Yogi

YOGI

Thank you so much for "let me know if you have any problems!".

The post started with Canon's Digital Photo Pro v. 3.11 Explained and you have provided the link to 3.12.52 that is the latest and I have updated immediately after release.

The OP's link at page 2 speaks about "Lenses compatible with DPP’s Digital Lens Optimizer function" and the lenses I have are in the list

The table under "Cameras compatible with DPP’s Digital Lens Optimizer function" lists all top end and some entry level cameras and has Wide-angle lenses. The other lenses ---------------Standard and Medium; Telephoto, Zoom and EF S lenses................. are not listed and I am confused.

From what I can see, and this is just my opinion, the title "Wide-angle lenses" under the camera compatibility list must be a typo.  I say this because I have used my EF 100-400mm L with the DLO feature and it worked quite well.

I guess the "Wide-angle Lenses" under the table "Cameras compatible with DPP’s Digital Lens Optimizer function" is a mistake and should not have been there. Otherwise it would mean lenses other than WA are not compatible. Which is logically incorrect as the list of cameras include top of the line.

Agreed!

Would appreciate your inputs. BTW I opened an image I shot with 60D and EF 100-400 in DPP. What does " Shooting distance information" mean here?

From what I can see, and again, this is just my opinion, the "Shooting Distance Information" is just a rough, relative indication of the distance from the camera to the subject.  The only marked distance is infinity, so anything else is just "Close" or "Not so close".  Personally, I haven't found much use for it yet.

Cheers

Anand

Cheers back at you, mate!  I hope that this was useful.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow