Nikon D600: Are the "benefits" of this camera really worth it over the Canon 6D?

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,230
Like?
Not at their best
In reply to qianp2k, Jan 6, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

David Hull wrote:

Car reviewers don't measure horse power for the same reason that lens reviewers don't generally measure absolute light transmission and that is because most buyers don't really care.

You can keep saying but it doesnt make it true. Every good photographer I know strive for best IQ he can get. let through more light is best way to get better IQ, and larger aperture is one of the most common ways to let in more light. but if you are not getting more light, than purpose of the whole exercise is defeated.

Many photographers concerned with IQ, stop down to the sweat spot of the lens regards sharpness. That is very often not wide open. Aperture is only one way to get more light in...shutter speed can be as effective.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

I like these Canon lenses that they are very sharp even at wide-open.

Sharp yes, but certainly not at their sharpest and why it'd recommended to stop down if IQ in terms of resolution and sharpness are a priority in a specific scenario. That's simply the realities of optics. I don't see a big change in that regard going forward.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow