V1 + FT1 + Tamron 70-300 VC - Difference VC makes

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hirsti
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
Re: V1 + FT1 + Tamron 70-300 VC - Difference VC makes
In reply to fbuis, Jan 6, 2013

fbuis wrote:

Following these photos, it seems that the Tamron is sharper than the Nikon.

I think at 300mm fully open it is slightly sharper however the Nikon Auto Focus on the FT1 is a lot better than the Tamron.  The Tamron at 300 (810 35mm equiv) has difficulty locking on autofocus in anything less than good light.  The nikon still has problems but performs better than the Tamron.

Overall I think the Tamron is as good if not better than the Nikon and considering that you can get the Tamron for £280 (incl 5 Year Warranty) compared to £380 for the Nikon then for me its a no brainer.

I had the Nikon for 6 years before the VR broke and it was a great lens but I just couldn't justify the extra £100.

Looking forward to getting a day where we have good daylight so I can at least get the shutter speed up to 1/500th.

I was looking at some old shots with the Nikon 70-300 VR on my D40 and also the D300 I used to own and I am really pleased with the extra reach the Nikon V1+FT1 adapter gives you without any loss in quality and light.

Hirsti's gear list:Hirsti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Samsung NX200 Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow