Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
John London
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Re: Focusing
In reply to odobo, Jan 6, 2013

odobo wrote:

John London wrote:

Hi all. I have just bought a new Nex 6 and find the focus is continuous, as in, I turn on the camera and whatever I point the camera at it refocuses. I can focus as normal when I point and shoot but why is this it continuously focusing.? The settings are set to single shot in A priority mode, but I can set it in any mode and the same thing happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards JohnL

you sure you set your AF to AF-S and not AF-C? cause that sounds like it is what AF-C is doing to me, and whatever setting you said you changed wouldnt affect the way how the camera do its auto focus unless you set the auto focus mode right.

btw, I do believe the default mode on a brand new NEX is AF-C... which would behave just like you describe. Try looking into the manual and you will find the description of what AF-C and AF-S does.

My settings are for AFS! The camera shop I bought this at has tried out their demo camera which also has the same sympton/function/procedure.  I am beginning to believe dpdog hit on the reason earlier. Why any camera manufacturer would implement such a crazy function is beyond me. But we have to take such things on the chin and keep taking the pics.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow