Please help vote on 'Winter Portraits of a Man'

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Tony, I agree with your assumption...
In reply to Tony Tomlin, Jan 6, 2013

...and I think the average person judging a contest with the given rules would assume the same thing. In other words, to me, somewhere in the photo the context of winter should be evident. Either snow or ice. Or, given the lack of either, winter should be evident in the breath of the man. If I can't see any evidence of winter, I would vote down the photo. I don't care if it is technically winter time in the Amazon river basin or not--the photo needs to convey the thought of winter to me.

Of course, I said, "the average person". The host is not an average person. (but don't let his moxy make you walk away thinking your interpretation was incorrect ).

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow