Started Jan 6, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pedagydusz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,223Gear list
Like?
Lightroom article - Pros & cons of catalog organization
Jan 6, 2013

There was a recent publication of an article about the use of Lightroom. It is a very well written and article, gives very useful information, but I could not see the answer to one question that to me is overwhelming:

A couple of years ago, most of my photography stuff was in an external disk, organized in folders following a method that enabled be to navigate - hmmm, more or less! Then, one day, the disk died, completely. No major problem: I had full back-up, and could recover everything. But in doing so, I restructured all my disk system, with a different arrangement, and I took the opportunity to even change a lot on the folder system.

So, what would happen to my Lightroom catalog, had I been using one? Would it be rendered useless?

As I can't guarantee that a similar organization looms in the future, that holds me back seriously, though I find the database structure of the system quite appealing!

I would welcome an enlightening on this topic!

-- hide signature --
 Pedagydusz's gear list:Pedagydusz's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Adobe Photoshop CS6
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow