FT1 + Third party DSLR lenses fully compatible with Nikon 1

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hirsti
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
Re: FT1 + Third party DSLR lenses fully compatible with Nikon 1
In reply to Paul Pasco, Jan 6, 2013

Paul Pasco wrote:

From what I have read in this forum, Tamron BIM VC lenses work and Sigma HSM non OS lenses work. Sigma OS lenses apparently do not work unless modified by Sigma to do so, a service that does not seem to be available in the US.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad

Be careful when buying a lens that you solely want to work with the FT1.

Personally I would go to a camera shop with your Nikon V1 and FT1 and try it out first before you buy.

On the internet there are many posts saying that the Tamron lenses work, I tried my father in laws Tamron 18-270 VC, this didnt work.  Turns out this was the B003 model and is NOT compatible but I understand that the B005 model DOES work.

I have also seen posts stating the Sigma 50-500 non OS model works fine, however my version does not even get recognised as a lens being attached and cannot even manual focus without blanking out the pins with some tape.  Sigma UK doesnt want to know about it even though other Sigma countries are getting firmware updates.

I also have the Tamron 70-300 VC - Model A005N which works.  Like I said above, I took my camera and FT1 adapter to the shop to check if the model worked.

Hirsti's gear list:Hirsti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Samsung NX200 Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow