Flat view
Frattonite
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
RX100 Panorama - Advice on Technique
Jan 6, 2013

Hello,

I'm after your help please.

I have recently bought an RX100 as my walkabout camera. I'm enjoying using it and am impressed with the results....with one exception - the Panorama feature.

I reckon I have tried about 40-50 times to shoot a pano but I constantly get the message "Could not shoot panorama. Move straight in the direction of the arrow".

I have set the Panorama Size to 'Wide' and the direction to 'Right' (and I've tried 'Standard' and  'Left' as well). I set the dial to Panorama, depress the shutter button, the camera clicks along as I pan from left to right (I will switch the sound off once fully familiar with the camera) I release the shutter button...then I get my normal message...

I have tried rotating the RX100 around its lens axis, rotating it around the sensor, rotating it around close to my body and away from my body, tried 90/120/180 degree sweeps - I've tried all of the aforementioned techniques in portrait and landscape position....but still than darn message and no pano

Any help/tips on how I can shoot a pano will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow