Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philm5d
Contributing MemberPosts: 590
Like?
Travel advice please: Las Vegas to Seattle
Jan 6, 2013

OK folks here’s the plan. I’m in the UK. I’d like to take my wife to Las Vegas for a vacation from the UK and see the usual sites including the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon etc. I’ve been to Vegas before so am familiar with these places – I had just a week’s vacation last time. Here’s the questions.

I’ve never travelled much by car in the U.S. My wife is Polish and a very popular US TV series in Poland was “Northern Exposure” which I believe was filmed in the town of Roslyn in Washington state. It would really give her a buzz if we could visit the town (especially as I’d make it a suprise).

Google maps puts the town just over 1000 miles from Vegas, due north on US-93 to Twin Falls then north-west in the direction of Seattle so I was wondering on the practicalities of hiring a car and making this journey, what there is to see on the way and how long I should allow for travel to see something of the country rather than a mad dash. Coming from the UK, around 700 miles long, it’s somewhat difficult to imagine.

Other possibilities to take an internal flight Las Vegas to Seattle and drive back to Vegas ( or the reverse). If you are familiar with this part of the States I’d much appreciate your thoughts even if it’s NOT to try and fit in the two locations in one trip. We only have two weeks (although we could stretch that by a day or two).

Other considerations are the best time of year to travel please.

By the way I really have to arrive and leave the US from the same airport as single airfares each way are prohibitively expensive. Just to keep it in the forum I’ll be taking my D70 and D800!

Many thanks,  Phil

Nikon D70 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow