Will the EF-42 help the X100 focus under party/nightclub conditions?

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 675Gear list
Like?
Re: ghosts
In reply to Roadrunner123, Jan 6, 2013

Roadrunner123 wrote:

Yes that is the technique I am trying to replicate. But what is it with people who strip the EXIF data from their photos? Unlike Hos I actually like the ghostly look of the photos. I did a search and he hasn't posted in months. Either way I am stuck lugging a my d700 for the for a while yet.

It is only recently that dpreview started to make EXIF data available, so historically it wasn't an issue as to whether it was present in images posted here.

Hos posted numerous threads and images showing his images and discussing the techniques he used, but due to the new site formatting it is harder to see them in profile/thread listings. (Not all developments are an improvement).

I had been aware (or else I forgot) that he didn't like the ghostly look. For me that's part of the atmosphere and helps 'tell the story'.

I liked to see his work here and when I saw yours immediately had that 'spark' of interest.

I'm stuck with a Fujifilm S5 until my business case justifies something else. In the end most of us have to work with the resources we have. I'll be looking forward with interest to see how your journey in the genre develops!

Norman Young
www.noyo.co.uk

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow