Lightroom 4.3 and Windows 8

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
AwkwardSwine
Contributing MemberPosts: 572
Like?
Re: Lightroom 4.3 and Windows 8
In reply to HenryL64, Jan 6, 2013

HenryL64 wrote:

Has anyone that uses text watermarks on export in Lightroom 4.x noticed that the text looks horrible on a Windows 8 pc?

I've been using text watermarks for years on my photos without problems at any size final image. Since upgrading to Windows 8, using the same exact settings, the watermarks look like a hot jagged mess.

At first I thought the problem was due to resizing the images on export because at full size the watermark looked nice and smooth as it always had in the past. However, if I resize a file first to 1024 on the long side (or 800 or 1280 it really doesn't matter what the size) it still looks horrible.

I've run the same catalog through the same version of Lightroom on a Windows 7 computer and no matter what size I start with or export to the watermarks are nice and smooth.

It's really irritating as it makes the text watermark feature useless for me. So far no help from Adobe, hoping someone here might have run across this issue and found a solution.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Henry

I justed exported a bunch of holiday trip photos for posting on the web/facebook using LR 4.3 on Win8, and included a watermark.  They all looked just fine to me.  What font did you use?  This sample is using "Brush Script MT" size 12 or 13.  The image was exported with a 1600 pixel width.

While testing this I did another export at 1000 pixels, and that version did actually have some jaggy text....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow