Color management on new computer

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,221Gear list
Like?
Re: Color management on new computer
In reply to jamesdak, Jan 6, 2013

If you want the ultimate from both your monitor and printer then I recommend the ColorMonki Photo, which can color calibrate both your monitor and printer.

If you want to color calibrate the monitor then I recommend you first try your Spyder2.  If that doesn't work then I recommend the Spyder4Pro or Elite (not the Express) or the ColorMonki Display.

With the Spyder Pro or Elite software I recommend using the Advanced mode so that you will have graphical guides that will help you manually set the correct monitor brightness, contrast, and individual R, G, & B values.  After that let the software finish the calibration.  By setting the monitor controls manually you will get the best results.

I have a Spyder3 so I can't tell you whether or not the ColorMonki has on-screen graphical guides but I do know that it has guides to tell you how to set the brightness and contrast.  Don't know if it guides you through setting the individual R, G, and B values.  Perhaps someone else can tell us both.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow