tripod for nex 6

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
V1V1D
Contributing MemberPosts: 660Gear list
Like?
Re: tripod for nex 6
In reply to Ray Maines, Jan 6, 2013

Ray Maines wrote:

I would recommend that you up your budget a little. Put off buying a tripod if you have to and keep saving, but don't spend too little on your support system.

shibbs wrote:

Hi im after a new tripod for my nex 6. I want to use it for travelling here and abroad. I have £100 max. I would like it to have a ball head the rest no to fust. What would you recomend thanks.

Please spend a couple of minutes reading THIS ARTICLE

and consider THIS TRIPOD and THIS BALL HEAD

There are other good choices you could make of course, but this would be a good system and comes pretty close to your budget. Must confess though, I don't know anything about import taxes or what these items might cost in the UK.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

The tripod above is a good option. Personally, I went with this one. It seems it has more options and is only a 3 section which will aid in quick setup. I'm still looking for the right ballhead, I'm using the one that came with my Sirui T25 tripod. It works well enough but doesn't have the fine tune friction ball like some of the other higher end ones do.

If you want to be done with buying a tripod for ever, look at Gitzo. You'll pay alot up front but all of the people who own one say it's the last one they will ever need. They are made that good.

V1V1D's gear list:V1V1D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow