Argument for NO post processing.

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
StayClassy
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Re: Argument for NO post processing.
In reply to DuaneV, Jan 6, 2013

DuaneV wrote:

You don't even know if your monitor can be calibrated? Seriously? If youre complaining about the poor quality of your prints and you haven't even checked into calibrating your monitor, that's your first problem. It'll take a couple minutes of your time to look into it.

And honestly, theres not nearly as much time, money or headache involved as you seem to think. Granted, my PC cost me a lot more than yours did, but I do this for a living, I need it. It came with calibration software and I calibrated it by eye with a few friends since everyone sees a little differently. Then sent away for sample prints from Bayphoto to see how they looked. They were dead-on. Ive been ordering from them since with absolutely no issues. You might not get that lucky, but you wont know until you try.

And no offense to the place you work, but I wouldn't use one of those photo places if my life depended on it. Every single time Ive ever thought, "Its just a 5x7, Ill get it done there and it'll look fine" it hasn't. If youre serious about your photography and printing, then do everything in your power to print at the highest quality possible or you wont be happy.

Take it easy on the guy mate, he's reaching out for us. Now is not the time to kick him lmao

-- hide signature --

When people ask me whether I'm a photographer, I tell them that I'm more of a time artist. After all, my art is my ability to freeze time and capture a moment forever.

StayClassy's gear list:StayClassy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DIYNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow