Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639
Like?
Re: Lots of people "stuck" in their ways
In reply to Emeka U, Jan 5, 2013

Emeka U wrote:

Emeka U wrote:

You may like the Win8 UI but I don't like having to scroll the UI to click on a program I want to run. With the Win7 desktop UI (and desktop UI in Win8), I can put icons for every program on one screen and just click the one I want without scrolling. When using the Win8 UI, can the Win8 tiles be made smaller so all of my programs can have an icon without having to scroll the screen? If so, how?

what I do is remove all the apps that I don't use --> right click and "remove from start menu". This leaves me with a minimum of apps that I use frequently...and all fit on a single pane. for those that I use most frequently, i also pin them to my taskbar.

for apps that I don't use regularly I can simply use the search functionality to locate them.

just realized that I've got a larger main monitor than some (30"), so my solution may not work as well for everyone. However, I do think it has some merits. cutting down on the clutter of all apps installed on that pane will serve most well. Additionally, you can use the scroll button on your mouse to move from one side to the other.

You don't even need the scroll wheel.  Just drag your cursor to the left edge of the screen, and the Metro screen scrolls.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow