dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639
Like?
Re: Lots of people "stuck" in their ways
In reply to skyglider, Jan 5, 2013

skyglider wrote:

Emeka U wrote:

skyglider wrote:

You may like the Win8 UI but I don't like having to scroll the UI to click on a program I want to run. With the Win7 desktop UI (and desktop UI in Win8), I can put icons for every program on one screen and just click the one I want without scrolling. When using the Win8 UI, can the Win8 tiles be made smaller so all of my programs can have an icon without having to scroll the screen? If so, how?

what I do is remove all the apps that I don't use --> right click and "remove from start menu". This leaves me with a minimum of apps that I use frequently...and all fit on a single pane. for those that I use most frequently, i also pin them to my taskbar.

for apps that I don't use regularly I can simply use the search functionality to locate them.

Those actions don't solve the "An icon on the desktop for every installed program for access with a single click without having to scroll the screen" desires of folks who what that. This is one reason why the Win8 UI doesn't work for everyone.

I just did a quick count (now that I'm finally home) and I could fit about 72 tiles on my Metro screen (a 12x6 grid on my 23" monitor).  Yes, I could fit a couple hundred on my desktop (which is still an option) but it would be a cluttered mess.  Are there really more than 70 programs that you use on even a monthly basis that you need one click access to them?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow