ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kyjy
Contributing MemberPosts: 945
Like?
Recovering videos from corrupt card
Jan 5, 2013

Hi folks,

One of my cards seems to have picked up a bit of filessystem corruption.  I know it's filesystem rather than file corruption, because the FAT bears little resemblance to the actual content, and I was able to recover most images with Sandisk Recovery Pro.   The ones that I couldn't recover are clearly files that were written into the space of deleted files (I delete the obvious failures as I go along) and didn't fit entirely, so they're not contiguous and/or continuous blobs. [1]

This seems to be the case with all the video clips on the card.  I was only able to recover one video, the rest are all there but won't play.  I assume because they're missing bits - most likely the beginning of each file.

Does anyone know of recovery software that has some level of intelligence to recognise bits of video?  Something that will recognise a file as a piece of a larger video file - even if I have to match them up manually afterwards?

Video is from a Canon EOS 7D, in .MOV format.

Thanks

[1] Lesson learned, don't delete images in the camera and keep shooting if you think you might have to recover things!

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow