Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,261Gear list
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to ChrisJS, Jan 5, 2013

ChrisJS wrote:

For me, compared to PP RAW in ACR (LR4.3 or CS6), this is appears to be very good indeed and could well be a cost effective route to good PP Panasonic RAW.

Okay, there's a mass of stuff on the forum regarding Silkypix but perhaps some people have not learnt to use the software - it uses different terminology compared to adobe ... whatever, it may be good for you..

Here's the link.. http://www2.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/campaign/forpana/download/dl_dsp5fpwin.cgi

Hi Chris

With the holidays over and me starting to catch up I finally made the time to download SilkPix today.

I have to say that the results are more stunning than I expected after reading your accolades.

I have a bunch of Christmas photos to post process so I do not, right at this moment, have time to read/learn everything about the program but here is how I ended up using it in my current (and newly revised) workflow.

1. Use FastPictureViewer to sort through all of my photos to select my candidates rating them as I do so.
  2. I figured out how to batch process, into .tif, in SilkyPix, all of the images that I consider candidates for post processing into keepers.
  3. Import the .raw and .tif files into Lightroom
  4. Spend a fair amount of time using the Lightroom compare feature to admire the differences between the original .raw and the .tif that SilkyPix created
  5. Finish post processing in Lightroom and if necessary Photoshop Elements using the techniques I learned last year.

As my knowledge increases I may end up using SilkyPix for more of the post processing but as of this moment I consider SilkyPix worth registering just for the batch noise reduction/sharpening it has done on my Christmas pictures.

I have one significant outstanding issue that I would like to resolve, however. When I use FastPictureViewer to select my candidates I rate them. This rating is stored in an .xmp file. (candidate1.raw, candidate1.xmp). The .tif that SilkyPix creates does not show the star rating when it is imported into Lightning.

Any ideas what I can do about that. If I can solve that I don't even need to import the .raw files into Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow