Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bigbuggy
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
FZ200 a mixed bag!
Jan 5, 2013

My FZ150 bit the dirt December 24th just as I planned to use it for christmas video, card locked in the camera in locked mode, finally got it out but broke the card lock off and left the camera unuseable.  I just received a FZ200 a couple of days ago to replace it and early results leave me glad and sad.  The white balance is better and let lens is faster [2.8 over 2.8-5.2] the camera is faster in response and metering seems a bit more accurate and the video is better, mostly because of the improved white balance but the camera has more noise, stabiliser not as good in video mode, camera shakes in video much worse that the FZ150 and does not lock on subject and remain locked on a still subject, hunts some.  The camera also is very slow to auto focus in the video mode compared to the FZ150.  I have had several out of focus still shots at the long end of the zoom, dont  recall ever getting an out of focus shot with the FZ150.  Are these common observations to those of you who came from the FZ150 or do I have a bad camera?  Your response  would be appreciated.  I am not sure I could return the camera as defective and that would be the only way I could return it at all.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow