Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Cenk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227Gear list
Like?
Re: Returned Sony RX1 - Bought D800E - Need serious lens recommendation
In reply to Digitalcaveman, Jan 5, 2013

Digitalcaveman wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I returned my RX1 after I found out I would be stuck with that lens forever, fantastic camera by the way but went instead for the D800E. Now I previously owned a D200 with 2 cool lenses, they are:

• Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm (my all around lens for the D200) $1K
  • Tokina DX SD 12-24 F4 (IF) DX (for superwide angles for the D200) $500

Now I have had these two lenses when I bought my D200 back in 2004/2005. Well now that I have a D800E now, it's an FX camera and with these lenses at 7600 res I'm getting horrible vignetting so in order to use them it has to be at much lower resolutions. Also, I'm probably not taking advantage of the Full Frame Sensor of my D800E.

So my question is, what two lenses would you recommend that would take full advantage of my new D800E that would be comparable to the two mentioned here. My goal is to have one use all the time lense and the other for super wide angle shots. I photograph landscapes as well as portraits and things like cars and items and use the camera for travel. I'm not a wedding photographer and generally hate hauling a ton of equipment but like super high quality.

Appreciate your help!

TB

Simply buy a "24-120 f/4 VR" & a "16-35 f/4 VR"... These lenses cover nearly everything you need & still keep image quality...

-- hide signature --

Cenk Ogurtani
facebook.com/CenkOgurtaniWildlifePhotography

Cenk's gear list:Cenk's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D5000 Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow