Took my OM-D up its first mountain on New Years

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
rmaynard
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Re: Took my OM-D up its first mountain on New Years
In reply to Wallybipster, Jan 5, 2013

Wallybipster wrote:

And warning, I may be overusing the dramatic tone filter a bit.

Most of these pictures were taken with the 12-50, with the exception of the first one and the last one, which were shot with the 20/f1.7. Sorry, I can only post the shots I put on FB right now, so they aren't full-resolution or anything. I still haven't bothered doing any RAW work with this camera either, I've been having too much fun hiking around and taking pictures, even though I am saving RAW files.

Overall I am just loving the durability and versatility of the OM-D and 12-50 combo. I left the camera slung around my neck and/or shoulder the whole hike, until it was time to slide down the mountain the fun way.

Wind-sculpted snow

Stopping for air

I actually meant to shoot this one in natural mode instead of dramatic tone, but I forgot to change it, and it ended up being my favorite image of the ascent.

Looking back at the town

Looking out over the sea and down the really steep side.

Arched over and iced over stem on the summit

Victory!

And a quick test using the ZD 70-300 on a lazy goose.

The best part of the hike was when I handed the camera over to my hiking buddy with the 20/1.7 attached to take the shot of me. Needless to say, she has some sudden camera envy, and is wanting to save some money for a big purchase in the future.

As for me, I'm seriously thinking about the samyang or rokinon fisheye as a new toy for this sort of adventure, at least until there is a weather-sealed UWA for m4/3. I miss being able to go Ultra-wide on mountaintops and ridgelines to capture the feeling of exposure.

Sam

great looking series... nice job

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow