New to digital photography...software question

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Questions thread
Chris Lofty
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: New to digital photography...software question
In reply to davepic, Jan 5, 2013

Hi

In my humble opinion the Canon software is excellent and is worth getting to know. I also suggest that you start capturing in RAW or at least RAW+JPEG.

I started using a DSLR many years ago; initially I just used the JPEG setting,  I switched to RAW once I got more into photography and it became more than just a hobby!

It was initially a steep learning curve, converting RAW files and subsequent PP in Photoshop, but it's now second nature. I just wish I had always used RAW format from the beginning, I could then have gone back and worked on my old files with more knowledge and skill.

I still think you will need a copy of Photoshop or a similar programme to get the best out of your converted images.

The Canon DPP Raw converter does an excellent job and is constantly being upgraded to add further enhancements.

Best of luck!

-- hide signature --
 Chris Lofty's gear list:Chris Lofty's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow