Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,759Gear list
Like?
grand building, Felix
In reply to efix, Jan 5, 2013

and even grander seeing experiments re-discovering the joys of film

well done!

perspective with a wide angle is a major challenge & one of the major draw backs of shooting with a digital M as there are no tilt/shift lenses available for this system, perhaps the only attraction of the typ 240 for me

with film of course, the problem persists

I think you managed this problem well, but I'll confess to a strong bias for avoiding such strong perspective, to the my photography's detriment, as well as my back's as I stretch my arms to get the camera high enough to minimize tilt

sometimes this cannot be done & framing with the camera above one's head is very dicey

hope this isn't impertinent, but I wonder why you used such fast film here

loving my Heliar which is of similar vintage to yours, I know that its DOF is very generous on the far end & suspect this one was taken in sufficient light to get enough shutter speed using slower media

of course a major disadvantage of film is the inability to change sensitivity with the flip of a switch

lastly it was a pleasure seeing some real grain for a change ...thanks for sharing this lovely photograph

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow