ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nj19751
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
New DSLR + lenses - first time DSLR buyer ? Pentax K5ii
Jan 5, 2013

I am looking for some advice please!

I am looking to buy my first DSLR.  After spending some time in our local camera store handling cameras (Canon 60D; canon 650D; Nikon D5100; pentax K30 and K 5) and then reviewing photos I had taken on my memory card I think I have decided upon the K 5 (but probably going for the K5 ii - non in stock to try but the reviews sound good!).  The main reason for this is that on reviewing the images I took instore I think there are more in focus and the image quality (to my untrained eye) seemed better.

I am thinking of buying the K5ii with the 18 - 135mm weather sealed lens as I feel this will be invaluable for when travelling - I tend to go to dusty countries like Africa, India etc. Predominantly however I will be using the camera for photographing a three year old and six month old - predominantly inside, so dim lighting, and with them on the move.  So I would also like another lens suitable for capturing young children on the move inside but which may also double up as a lens I can use for street photography.  From reading forums I think i need something like a 30 - 35mm lens with a reaosnably fast aperture but am not really sure how fast??  Can anyone recommend such a lens please - not necessarily a pentax branded one but one with a pentax mount obviously!  My budget would be about £250.

Many thanks for any help you can give me!

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Nikon D5100 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow