43mm 1.2 and 150mm 2.8 are curious choice

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rocky ID Olympian
Contributing MemberPosts: 545Gear list
Like?
Re: 43mm 1.2 and 150mm 2.8 are curious choice
In reply to bloodycape, Jan 5, 2013

bloodycape wrote:

Not really sure how extreme these really all since Olympus does make a 150mm f2 for the 4/3 system. I know not the same aperture, but by the same token the Panasonic is smaller(no lens collar like the Oly). Not to mention it has the benefit of OIS, which is a good think for us Panasonic users. I can't say much about the 43mm focal length, but I can tell you many of has have been waiting for faster lens at a longer focal length. For many this is or at least close to what they are looking for in a lens spec-wise. I personally find the 150mm to be near perfect spec-wise, & depending on the price it could be a purchase.

That said I wish either Panasonic or Olympus brings out a m4/3 variant of the Olympus 250mm f2 lens. Even if that means making it a f2.8 or even f3.5mm lens to bring price & size down a bit.

And I really really loved the Oly's 150mm. Not cheap at all, but worth every penny of it. I hope Pana's 150 will bring something close quality wise.

Rocky ID Olympian's gear list:Rocky ID Olympian's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow