Is it just me?

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeadm
Contributing MemberPosts: 752Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it just me?
In reply to dlkeller, Jan 5, 2013

dlkeller wrote:

I can't help but wonder if Sony made them so bad intentionally to sell the EVF.

I don't look at Sony and say "Look, it's Dr. Evil!"  I'm not sure a fanboy would even give them that much credit, LOL, nobody can be that smart.  It's all about money, and cheaper viewfinders won the day vs. the nicer but more costly ones.  I think it was just a natural evolution with them.  They do electronics well and they just leveraged that inherent advantage and experience into their cameras.  That, and they're probably less expensive and more profitable.  Look at the way anything you own electronic has evolved in the last 10 years, in relation to the cost to consumers which has been mostly static.  That's why I'm optimistic the tech end of this is only going to get better with time.

Admittedly my experience with the EVF is not extensive, but, while it does give some indication of extreme over/under exposure and color balance it is very far from What You See Is What You Get.

I really enjoy my A700 OVF but can also see the value of instant feedback the EVF gives.

-- hide signature --

Dave

It grows on you.  First generation SLTs the EVF tech had evolved enough to actually be usable.  I bought one out of some practical need but mostly because I was curious enough about the new technological advances.

Fast forward to today I recently got an A57 (my second EVF model) and I can tell you that even that is an improvement over previous models; the display is nicer to use and they've tightened up much of the remaining latency and lag.  It's become my daily driver and my older OVF cam sits in a bag somewhere neglected.  Electronics typically evolve at a brisk pace, and I'm excited about what even the short term future might bring as a result.

Jeadm's gear list:Jeadm's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Sony SLT-A57 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow