Mac-Mini & Photoshop CS6 Extended - Anything the Mini CANNOT do?

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nycfonephreak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037Gear list
Like?
Mac-Mini & Photoshop CS6 Extended - Anything the Mini CANNOT do?
Jan 5, 2013

I've looked through some of the other threads here regarding iMac v. Mac Mini and an iMac is out of the question right now (price + glossy screen with no anti-glare screen option).

I'm migrating from Windows to Mac. Just purchased a fully loaded MBP with hi-res anti-glare screen, 16GB RAM, i7, etc., and I'm quite happy with that.

I now need to find a replacement for my Windows desktop and I'd like to get the 2.3GHz i7 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM, 1TB standard drive (no fusion for me). I already have a 24" monitor that I like and my old Windows Keyboard & Mouse. In addition I have the Apple wired and wireless keyboards, Magic Mouse, and Trackpad.

I use Photoshop CS6 Extended - although I don't think I'm really use any of the "extended" features. I do a lot of photo editing using ACR, PS, Nik and OnOne plug-ins. That's about it. No video editing, and no 3D so far.

Is there anything that the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 in the Mac Mini will NOT be able to do well?

nycfonephreak's gear list:nycfonephreak's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +8 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow