Vertical Sweep Panorama on RX-100 greatly reduced sweeping angle compared to horizontal mode?

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
EuronGreyjoy
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Vertical Sweep Panorama on RX-100 greatly reduced sweeping angle compared to horizontal mode?
In reply to BertIverson, Jan 5, 2013
BertIverson wrote:

EuronGreyjoy wrote:

... The bottom line is that sadly, a shot like the topmost one won't be possible with an RX-100. Unless anyone here has a better idea or knows something I don't know? ...

I appreciate what you are saying. A possible work around for these "wide-wide" pano shots is to forget Sweep Pano mode and simply shoot 5 or 6 portrait-oriented shots and splice with Microsoft ICE (a free splicing program) or other splicing program.

I come from a DSLR environment and have been forced, for years, to splice pano shots
Bert

That certainly is best either way Bert, you're right. I use CS5 or Autostitch (freeware) also for that but have become lazy due to sweep panos. I shall try ICE too.

I just love the sweep pano at times, especially when there is movement, that shot I was showing in the post doesn't have any errors as such (ghosts of people or people appearing twice etc.) and there was a fair amount of movement. That is pretty hard to do outside of sweep panos.

Best regards,

Euron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow