Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jamesdak
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,827
Like?
Color management on new computer
Jan 5, 2013

Hello it's been about 6 years since I've gotten a new photo editing machine.  I'm also moving from CS2 to CS6 extended.

Any tips on getting my whole color management setup going again?

I know I need a new calibration tool for the monitor as my Spyder 2 won't cut it with the new IPS panel.

But what setting in photoshop do I look for to migrate over?  I should mention that the computer is running 16 GB of RAM, had a NVDIA card to support the CUDA with photoshop, and CS6 is installed on a SSD .  So I guess I need to set the scratchpad up to use the SSD?  This is an i7 machine running Windows 8.  Has a 2 TB drive for image storage and I'll also be moving over my old 1 TB storage drive.

Then if I remember correctly I want photoshop to manage my color settings when printing and not the Epson R1800 drivers, corrrect?

I do use Epson's paper profiles though.

I just remember it took me awhile to get CS2 setup properly when I went to it so any advice on setting up CS6 would be greatly appreciated.

I have to print out some sold images today on the old systems first in case I screw up and then I want to get the new one up and running.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Long live the HMS Beagle Critiques always welcome!

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow